Wimbledon is a wonderful opportunity for guests to select a stylish ensemble for a day of courtside action. The fortnight of tennis is one of Kate's summer calendar highlights, and she tends to choose midi and knee length dresses from her favourite designers. As matches can take a number of hours, comfort is key. Is there a particular designer you would like to see Kate wear? Wimbledon White or a splash of vibrant colour? A simple elegant dress, or a separates look? Perhaps a trousers look or jumpsuit? Accessories are key during the tournament. A chic handbag and stylish sunglasses can pull a whole look together.
You can choose high street or designer, or mix and match pieces from Kate's closet.
With the Duchess presenting the winner's trophy at the men's final this year in her role as patron, stylists need to choose a look suitable for attending a luncheon, meeting players, then attending the match with presenting duties at the end.
Brands and Designers:
A sample list of brands and designers if searching for inspiration:
Net-A-Porter The Outnet Nordstrom John Lewis Harrods Neiman Marcus
LK Bennett Topshop Whistles Reiss Hobbs London GOAT Really Wild Clothing
& Other Stories J Crew Roland Mouret Alexander McQueen Catherine Walker
Jimmy Choo Gianvito Rossi Office Kiki McDonough Links of London Robinson Pelham
Aspinal of London ShopBop Saks Fifth Avenue Temperley London Asos
Before You Get Started:
- Leave a comment with your suggestions. Please include links to the designer/retailer in order for me to obtain images and to share your selection.
- I would be very grateful if you could include the colour of your accessories, as links to retailers can often land on shoes, etc where several colours are available.
- Don't forget to leave a name or a moniker in order to ensure I can appropriately credit your look.
- The look can simply consist of one item, for example, a dress. If you wish, however, you can include footwear, jewellery, sunglasses, a clutch, bag, etc. It can be as simple or as detailed as you want. Remember you're the stylist!
- Feel free to choose pieces already in Kate's closet.
- Please submit one look only.
- Submissions for the post showcasing all looks will be accepted until midnight on Monday, 5 August.
Happy styling. I am very excited to see your submissions :)