Monday, 8 July 2013

Royal Favourite Lot + Baby Cambridge Fundraiser Memorabilia In Aid of EACH

This weeks Baby Cambridge Fundraiser activity is another exciting charity auction fans of Kate's style are sure to love! The Royal Favourite Lot includes three items from royal favourite brands London SoleHeavenly Necklaces and a copy of Kate's Style: Smart, Chic Fashion From a Royal Role Model. As always 100% of the proceeds go to Kate's patronage East Anglia's Children's Hospices via Ebay for Charity.



The first item is a gorgeous pair of Henrietta Ballet Flats kindly donated by London Sole. The chic yet comfortable shoes are perfect for this time of the year and can be worn to complete a causal daytime look such as jeans and a top or worn with a dress for evening wear. The Duchess recently wore her Henrietta's during an antique shopping trip in Berkshire.

London Sole

The shoes retail for $175 and comes in sizes 35-43. More from the product description:

'Suits a narrow to medium width fitting, has an elegant low vamp, revealing little toe cleavage, and has a quarter inch heel. It is generous in length and is a well-balanced elegant ballet flat wardrobe essential.'

London Sole (French Sole in the UK) was established by British shoe designer Jane Winkworth who has been described by Vogue as the "Queen of ballet flats". The company made its mark by combining classic ballet flats with never before seen colours, textiles and materials. All London Sole products are handcrafted in Europe and have been worn by a number of royals and celebrities including the late Princess Diana, Kate Moss, Pippa Middleton and of course Kate.

London Sole

Below we look at the Henrietta in three pretty new colourways.

London Sole

There are a number of exciting new styles available including the pointed-toe Camden. The toe is very sharp but not elongated and the drawstring bow is fully adjustable.

London Sole

We also look at the Knightsbridge - a pretty leather ballet flat with an elegant low vamp and a 10mm heel. The glitter bow trim is a lovely addition to the shoe and they're an excellent choice for evening wear; perfect for those of you prefer a flatter shoe to high heels on an evening out. The pink is particularly eye-catching.

London Sole

The brand has launched a fantastic new website and to celebrate they're offering Free Delivery to all customers in the USA and Canada until the end of July. There's a beautiful selection of ballet flats, flat shoes and smoking slippers on the new site. You can view them all here. Keep up to date with all the latest news by following London Sole via Facebook and Twitter.

London Sole

The second item in the lot is a pair of Fabulous CZ Earrings kindly donated by Heavenly Necklaces. The £58 classic teardrop 'diamond' is surrounded by just the right amount of channel-set round ones. The antique-looking earrings are 27 mm long.

Heavenly Necklaces

As you can see they are a perfect replicate for the diamond teardrop earrings worn by the Duchess in Kuala Lumpur last year.

Heavenly Necklaces

Heavenly Necklaces are suppliers of the finest fake diamond jewellery to royalty and celebrities all over the world. The Duchess and the Countess of Wessex have been fans of the brand for some time. Below we look at four striking necklaces.

Heavenly Necklaces

There is a beautiful selection of earrings available at very affordable prices. Perfect if you're looking for a gift for someone or to treat yourself! To see latest pieces and for news on the brand follow the Heavenly Necklaces Facebook Page.

Heavenly Necklaces

We also have a copy of Kate's Style: Smart, Chic Fashion from a Royal Role Model by lifestyle author and journalist Caroline Jones.

Kate's Style

As we all know Kate is considered a style icon and women all over the world are interested in replicating the Duchess's looks, this book is something of a guide for those who wish to do so with an array of helpful tips and tricks. I read the book over the weekend and very much enjoyed it! It's 176 pages long and written in a fun and informative manner.

Kate's Style

I particularly enjoyed the sections where Ms. Jones goes through Kate's designers such as Jenny Packham.

Kate's Style

There's a close-up look at a number of Kate's best loved outfits - sharing details of everything from garments to jewellery and clutches. It's interesting to look back on Kate's sartorial choices and to see the accessories she chooses for her looks, whether it's on a royal tour or a gala dinner.

Kate's Style

The photos are a real treat, with a wide and varied selection from Kate's St Andrew's Days all the way up to the royal tour last year. There's also a cursory look at Carole and Pippa's style as well as a variety of tips and tricks on Kate's hair and beauty secrets. Kate's Style is available at Amazon, reduced from £17 to £12.79.

Kate's Style

The auction can be viewed here. With many thanks to London Sole, Heavenly Necklaces and Carlton Books for their generous donations. Wishing all bidders the very best of luck!

************

As you all know we've had a series of fundraising activities in recent months to reach our goal for East Anglia's Children's Hospices. With the arrival of the royal baby we thought you might be interested in seeing the Baby Cambridge Fundraiser Charity Shop at Zazzle. The shop has six categories with a number of interesting items created by the lovely and talented Dash!

Baby Cambridge Fundraiser Charity Shop

A look at the Love, Baby, Crown category.

Baby Cambridge Fundraiser Charity Shop

The British Royal Baby designs are my personal favourite and excellent keepsakes to have to remember the royal baby's arrival. Below we look at the $1.50 Postcard and the $4 Baby Button.

Baby Cambridge Fundraiser Shop

As with many of the items the Royal Baby Mug is customisable and comes in several styles.


Baby Cambridge Fundraiser Charity Shop

For younger royal enthusiasts there are t-shirts for little Princes and Princesses. I thought the Royal Baby Infant Creeper looked just darling :)

Baby Cambridge Fundraiser Charity Shop

Again, as with all of our activities all proceeds go to EACH. I'd like to thank you all for your support throughout the fundraiser thus far. It's incredibly heartening to see the charitable spirit among so many of you!

40 comments:

  1. Robin Indiana USA
    Charlotte how do you do it? Have you gotten any sleep? Wonderful post. I must have the steel coffee mug for during the school year that is what keeps me on my feet. I do feel it will happen this week. London must be going crazy along with Andy winning the tennis match. Congratulation 77 years without a win! I will keep checking back fingers crossed. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Robin,

      Very little sleep but we're having glorious weather :) I try to do my fundraiser posts on Mondays and prepare them over the weekend meaning it doesn't interfere with my regular blogging schedule and other work during the week.

      I hope you're all having a lovely day :)

      Delete
  2. Sarah from Calif.8 July 2013 at 14:44

    Fantastic post :) I should be getting ready for work but, here I am :). This is such a great way to help us all stay occupied until baby comes! Better go, bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pointy shoes have my name on them! THANK YOU for sharing Charlotte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well love the mugs and the shoe is fablous shoes i love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great News! Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall announce they expecting their first child which will be due in the New Year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well congrats to zara and mike soon to be parents we be good parents as william and and kate how charlotte is the name indcste that royal baby will come in weeks i guess here article about zara and mike annocument of baby.. this daily mail
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358171/Zara-Phillips-Mike-Tindall-expecting-baby-New-Year-Buckingham-Palace-says.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A huge Congratulations to Zara and Mike. It will be so nice for Baby Cambridge to have a cousin his/her own age.

      Delete
    2. That must have had to been exact timing for zara to announce her pregnancy so as not to steal the limelight from will n kate when theirs arrive.

      Delete
    3. Lynn Georgia USA9 July 2013 at 21:21

      I think it's great that Baby Tindall and Baby Cambridge will be so close together in age. William and Zara are about a year apart, I think, and they have always seemed to be great pals. I've just been enjoying old videos of the various royal christenings (Great fun to watch--especially right now!), and Zara and William were really playing together quite exuberantly at Harry's christening celebration!

      Delete
  7. The Baby Cambridge charity shop is a great idea. May it raise a lot of money for EACH.
    Colorado Eve

    ReplyDelete
  8. These days I'm always checking the updates on your blog, dear Charlotte! Oh, the excitment about this royal birth :) It was here that I first knew about Kate's pregnancy, and I'm sure it will be here that I will receive the good news about Baby C. :)

    So happy for Zara and Tindall, too. I'm sure they'll have an adorable baby, as Savannah and Isla Philips are. They are soooo cute.
    Hugs from Portugal!
    Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Z, I'm just saying hello from Louisville, KY. I was born in Lisbon, Portugal. I have family there and also Monte Real. :o) V

      Delete
    2. Hi, V!
      It's wonderful to know that! It's funny, the distance between the city I live in and Monte Real is just 60km.
      Do you regularly visit Portugal? It's lovely here, in the Summer. Sun shining, great beaches, everyone is in a good mood :)
      Hugs!
      Z.

      Delete
    3. Hi, Z! That is so neat! I was last in Portugal in August of 2006 and 1981 before that. I need to go back again soon because there is still so much to see! My absolute favorite place in Monte Real was the train station. My mother lived in a small apartment in that train station when she was growing up. My grandfather was the chief of the station at the time. Now my uncle and a cousin have homes directly behind the station. I can't wait to go back. Hugs to you, too!! :o) V.

      Delete
  9. Charlotte there is more great royal news ! Zara is pregnant ! I'm so happy for the Princess Royal, the queen and the royal family. Kate's baby will have a playmate :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pauline Oak Hills8 July 2013 at 19:31

    Great post again Ms. Charlotte. I feel we still have a baby this week. But I read today that William is putting in extra shifts. To me that is silly. He should be by his Duchess side as much as he can waiting for the birth of their baby instead of being 700 miles away. I just don't understand.

    Oh well all that matters is that he make's it to her bedside when she goes into labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Pauline: William has been putting in regular shifts, not extra shifts. "Putting in as many shifts as possible before paternity leave," as reported by Eonline, is not the same as working extra shifts. It makes perfect sense to clump shifts together when you're required to fulfill a certain number of hours every 2 weeks.

      Delete
    2. Jean from Lancs.9 July 2013 at 11:29

      He will also have to keep up "flying hours"---wise to get in as many as possible, then won't have to worry when the babe arrives.

      Delete
  11. I wonder if he is putting in extra shifts in order to have some more time off in addition to his paternity leave? If so, I can definitely understand that decision!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Canadian Friend8 July 2013 at 21:39

    Hi, Charlotte,

    You're awesome! Thank you so much for these posts.

    The giveaways for the EACH fundraiser are beautiful!

    Congrats to Andy Murray and to Zara and Mike-all great athletes! May they all be happy professionally and privately.

    I'll make you laugh-just returned from my cottage,a few hours north of Toronto-no phone, no Internet and satellite TV taken out by thunderstorms-not the best situation for tracking Baby Cambridge news! My husband and son wanted to know why I was in the car, checking the all-news radio station. My son now knows me well enough to guess it must be about "the Duchess..." Can't go for any extended stays up North (as we call it here) until Baby C. has safely arrived!

    How wonderful to be on the edges of our seats awaiting happy news...!

    Best wishes to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were some storms. Hi from another Muskoka/Almaguin reader!

      Delete
  13. I thought I read somewhere that the policy for air rescue pilots is that near their wife's due date they don't have them flying as they feel their minds won't be 100% on the rescue. So for that time they do ground duties. And that they have a colleague on standby to fill their shifts when they are called away for the birth.
    I must admit I find it strange that kate seems not to have gone to Anglesey for mist of her pregnancy. ( according to reports) I wonder if William commutes back to London on rest days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pauline I agree with you! Baby Cambridge is coming this week.

    Have a great night!
    Fromg Canada

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Charlotte. Yours is the only website I go to for updates on Kate. Also, I just got the "Kate's Style: Smart, Chic Fashion from a Royal Role Model" book from Amazon. It is excellent. :o) V

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pauline-Oak Hills, I'm probably already a crazy person, but I wouldn't want my husband hanging around doing nothing but waiting. He would drive me crazy! Better to have him working and building up credit against the necessary time off later on. Even if he doesn't have to build up any credit to be able to take time off, I wonder if William does it because it's a positive thing to help his team spirit in his work environment and maybe helps his own frame of mind? I'm sure he and Catherine talk on the telephone a lot while they are apart, and that way not feel each other's absence as much. He must be feeling a little overwhelmed by the thoughts of imminent fatherhood, don't you think? Of course this is all my own speculation. What do you think?

    --Marci from Salt Lake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline Oak Hills9 July 2013 at 04:51

      Hi Marci- Your not crazy...lol But with William's work schedule he woudl not be with her all the time. I just think it is funny that he is what 700 milles away from London and it is going to take about 70 miuntes by chopper to get him to London if he is not already by her side. Oh well let's just hope baby comes this week and the Duchess has a short & safe labor.

      I think both of the are really excited about becoming parents. And yes maybe by working for William helps take some to the stress off but it might just add to the Duchess not kowing if he will make it in time.

      Delete
    2. Marci, you are NOT crazy. :) Many of us would prefer to have hubby occupied rather than underfoot adding to the stress of the moment. Kate has always been a strong, well grounded young woman and whatever "formula" William and Kate have has always worked for them. I just don't see the pregnancy suddenly turning her into a needy person.

      Delete
    3. Hello Pauline,
      Anglesey is less than 300 miles/480 km from London, not 700 miles. I'm sure William'll be on his way as soon as labor looks like it's progressing. And first babies can take a long time coming. I agree with Marci and royalfan that having a husband hanging around wouldn't help. Much better to have paternity leave.

      Delete
  17. The charity shop is a great idea. I'm treating myself to a mug!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's taking sooooooo long - I was hoping Baby Cambridge would arrive a lot earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Charlotte, the Heavenly Necklaces facebook page has some lovely pieces!I'm so getting a pair of earrings I have my eyes on :)And the Royal Baby coffee mugs and memorabilia are adorable,gosh the royal birth shall happen ANYDAY NOW!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope the Duchess is relaxing and enjoying her final days of pregnancy. Although it is common for healthy first time moms to be about 10 days late. We could be waiting until the 23 or even longer. I would hate not being able to get out and about for that long. I hope she has plenty of visitors to entertain her.

    I can't help but think that it is odd that the palace would release a statement when she has gone into labor. I only wanted close friends and family to know I was in labor, all other friends had to wait until after the baby was born. It would be weird to know that the whole world knew your uterus was contracting. Seems a bit odd, too private for everyone to know?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn Georgia USA12 July 2013 at 16:53

      I have never heard that the palace plans to release a statement when Kate goes into labor. My understanding is that the first official announcement to the public will be the notice on the gate at Buckingham Palace proclaiming the birth of a prince or princess. Has there been a change in protocol that I haven't heard about?
      P.S. Katy, I agree with you totally about the inappropriateness and intrusiveness of an official labor alert. My husband and I chose not to notify anybody--not parents or siblings or friends--until after our baby girl was born. And we have always cherished that special time just for the two (three!) of us. (Granted, my best friend was "on call" in case my husband was for some reason unavailable.)

      Delete
    2. I have heard over and over that the palace will release a statement when she has been admitted to the hospital. From multiple news outlets. It seems horribly obtrusive. Some have reported that it was announced when Diana was in labor as well.
      I agree with you 100%. Those first moments, when it seems there is nothing else but the newness of your family, are the best moments in life.

      Delete
    3. http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/world/europe/uk-royal-birth-plans
      Here is one of the articles that say her labor will be announced. I hope for her sake it isn't true.

      Delete
  21. Thank you Pauline & RoyalFan for thinking I'm not crazy . . . ha ha fooled you :-D I am soo with you--I hope the baby comes this week. But of course I hope more that it comes when it's ready and that the Duchess doesn't have too hard a time with everything involved.
    Charlotte, I forgot to say I love the review of the book and the baby items. I would so love to be able to wear those pretty flats, but alas! my feet are too short and too wide. They don't make my size.

    --Marci in SLC

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmm, I think I must own that Kate book soon...
    I have bets on 10 July 2013 as the birthday for baby girl Princess Alexandra Diana Elizabeth (maybe throw a "Philippa" in there as a middle name) GO Baby Cambridge!!!! I am so excited- I check Twitter every few minutes to make sure I'm not missing anything:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rumour has it, via a contact at the hospital, that they had a baby boy today... Not sure if it is true, but if it is, you heard it here first! Either way - hoping for a safe delivery and arrival of a healthy happy baby. C

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so excited. Cannot wait until the baby is born! she is supposed to be due today.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.