Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Fashionably Kate: Temperley 'Odele' Repli-Kate, Jenny Packham Bridal SS13, Discounts and Win Reiss Wishlist,

For our second 'Fashionably Kate' post we're going to begin with a look at a fabulous 'Repli-Kate' piece. Kate has been spotted wearing her Temperley Odele sheepskin coat twice during the last week whilst walking Lupo in Kensington Gardens and shopping on Kings Road.

Sandra Stahel/What Kate Wore FB/ @Chayo_1985 Instagram

The Temperley Odele carries a hefty price tag of €2620.


A commenter on the blog very kindly shared a gorgeous and very affordable 'Repli-Kate. The Vero Moda Viva Fake Fur Jacket is incredibly similar to the 'Odele' and is just £81.32. It comes in two colours: black and dark sand. The Viva is a very wearable, stylish jacket.

Vero Moda


On December 8, William and Kate will attend the glamorous Winter Whites Gala. The star studded event will see the Royal Albert Hall transform into a Winter Wonderland Evening of Celebrity, Entertainment and Legendary Masters Tennis in aid of homeless charity Centrepoint. I am very excited to see what Kate wears to this event and when I saw Jenny Packham's Bridal SS13 Collection I noticed a number of stunning possibilities.

This delicate gown with long sheer sleeves and embellished detail is a piece I can easily see Kate choosing. Absolutely beautiful.

Jenny Packham Facebook

Jenny Packham is one of my favourite designers at the moment. Her pieces are whimsical, feminine, elegant, delicate and perfect for royalty. Here are six other styles from the collection I thought were very Kate and perfect choices for the gala. What do you think of the collection?

Jenny Packham

Many of you will recall Kate wore the Jenny Packham 'Aspen' dress from the F/W 2012 Bridal Collection to an Olympic gala in May. It was a beautiful choice for the Duchess so I think it a likely possibility she will choose more gowns from the Bridal Collection in the future.


A number of interesting discounts from Kate's favourite brands to share with you. LK Bennett are offering 20% off selected shoes and dresses including Kate's Davina Dress and Sledge Pumps.

LK Bennett

As a thank you to her American customers jewellery designer Claudia Bradby is offering free post and packing on all online orders between the 19th and 25th November in honour of thanksgiving. I know many of you are from the US and mentioned shipping costs when we featured Claudia's pieces. You can view gifts for under £50 here and Claudia's collections here.

Claudia Bradby

REISS are offering customers the chance to win their wishlist. One customer will win each week until Christmas, so if you wish to enter you can find all relevant details here.

A look at this week's winning wishlist.


A quick reminder, you have until Midnight (GMT) on Friday to enter the London Sole Giveaway. The entries have been so enjoyable to read and I'm looking forward to seeing who the winner is.

London Sole

We'll see you all tomorrow for a look at the latest news and Kate will be displaying photos from her recent trip to Danum Valley in Borneo on the official website. Kate is a keen photographer and it will be very interesting to see her snaps from the tour.


  1. On the first two pictures, the right one, I really doubt it is Kate. Despite it being the right coat and the right bag, Kate doesn't have bag on the left side of her face. I doubt it because of that, but the picture could have been reversed.

  2. Oh my oh my those Jenny Packham bridal gowns are beautiful. So elegant and understated whilst still being opulent :) I picked out my bridal gown recently but if I got a second choice I would definitely consider Jenny Packham :)

    Kate is so lucky getting to wear so many amazing dresses!

  3. Oh my oh my those Jenny Packham bridal gowns are beautiful. So elegant and understated whilst still being opulent :) I picked out my bridal gown recently but if I got a second choice I would definitely consider Jenny Packham :)

    Kate is so lucky getting to wear so many amazing dresses!

  4. Ana B. from Brazil20 November 2012 at 21:25

    This coat is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, and the cheaper version is incredibly gorgeous!
    On the second picture, it seems to me, Kate may have a fringe... Maybe she paid a visit to her hairdresser lately! I would love to see some changes about Kate's hair and a fringe would be a very interesting choice!
    See you tomorrow and thank you for the update!
    Hugs :)

  5. I was so excited about the affordable Vero Moda Repli-Kate of the sheepskin coat. Unfortunately I learned upon investigation that Vero Moda does not ship to the US--probably not to Brazil either. Boo hoo! Ana B., please tell me what a fringe is. I'm an old lady and not very "up" on things, so I'd appreciate your educating me on the style! :)

    1. Ana B. from Brazil21 November 2012 at 01:40

      Hello, Lynn!
      Portuguese is my first language, but from what I've learned, when you cut your hair right above your eyebrows, you get a fringe... I hope you can understand me, I can tell you I did my best :)
      But, if I'm using the wrong word for it, I would be glad if you could teach me the right word.
      Have a good evening!

    2. Kristin from San Francisco21 November 2012 at 05:16

      Hello Ana B!!!
      Re: the 'fringe' above your eyebrows - we used to call them 'bangs' - whether the bangs were cut straight across or 'textured'...is this what you're referring to?
      DO love, love, love all the winter white dresses!!! One caveat - these dresses require an up-do! Perhaps the pearl hair pins or diamond pins.
      Happy Thanksgiving to all readers across borders and across the pond!

    3. Hi Ana B!
      I think your English is awesome! I wish I were bilingual(you are probably trilingual, speaking Spanish, too!). I hope you know that I was not implying that you had used the wrong word; I just thought that "fringe" was a new word that I didn't know. Actually I like it better than "bangs." Speaking of which--I'm not sure I'd like Kate with a fringe, but I would like to see her do something a bit diffe
      rent with her hair. I think it looks wonderful half up.
      Incidentally I love the opportunity that this blog gives me to communicate with people from all over the world. I think Charlotte deserves an award for furthering international friendship and understanding!

    4. Ana B. from Brazil21 November 2012 at 23:02

      Hi, Kristin! Thank you for teaching me a new word! It is exactly what I was referring to!

      Hi, Lynn! There is no need for you to apologize! I love to practice my English here! And is very good to know that people here are nice and open-minded about teaching! If you or any other person are interested about learning Portuguese, I would be delighted to help!
      By the way, I love this "Multi-cultural Exchange"! One of the main reasons why I love this blog!

      Have a nice week!

    5. Hi Ana B -
      I, too, love the culture exchange and was not too sure whether new word or not...I love signs, labels,etc. that we have in CA in diff languages - it's a learning experience!!!

  6. I really hope Kate wears some awesome jewelry from the Queen's vaults for this Winter Whites Gala. I think any of those Jenny Packham gowns would be awesome. I would even be happy to see her rewear that pretty off white Roland Mouret gown if she would just wear an awesome diamond necklace with it. She will look fantastic whatever she wears.

  7. I could definitely see Kate in that first gown that was mentioned. The others may be a bit too summery for a wintertime/holiday-themed gala. We'll just have to wait and see. The only issue I have with the bridal gowns is that they still look like bridal gowns. Kate was a beautiful bride, but let's see her in an actual evening gown. I wasn't a fan of the turquoise number.

  8. I love all of the Jenny Packham gowns, they are beautiful!!Thanks Charlotte for letting us know of all the wonderful deals! the repliKate sheepskin coat is gorgeous,,,,and totally affordable!Can't wait for your next post!!!xoxo

  9. That coat is really awful. I prefer a sleek, more streamlined silhouette, so I am biased. I adore asymmetrical designs, but this one is not pretty and the price is beyond ridiculous.

    That first JP gown is lovely, but too similar to other dresses she's worn (getting real sick of the 3/4 sleeves). Still would be lovely, but she better wear her hair differently!!

  10. Kate's Borneo pictures are on line! And they are lovely! :)

  11. Sarah from Calif.21 November 2012 at 13:30

    Those Jenny Packham dresses are soo beautiful. Maybe one of those dresses in an icy light very light powder blue. Hair up please!! I was really getting tired of strapless wedding dresses. I do love them but enjoy seeing the variety. The fabrics and laces ate gorgeous.

  12. Those Jenny Packham gowns are gorgeous! But what about that Amanda Wakeley gown with the silver straps she wore last year when she stepped in for Prince Charles at a dinner?


Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.