Sunday, 21 October 2012

Kate Spotted In Waitrose, Pippa's 'Celebrate', Another Royal Wedding + More

Hello Duchess Kate readers, I hope you're all having a great weekend,

The Cambridges have been keeping a low profile in Anglesey where William is working as a Search and Rescue pilot at RAF Valley and Kate has been spotted shopping for groceries at her local Waitrose by a local man, Mark Woodward, who described the Duchess as "gorgeous, even in ugg boots." Mr Woodward revealed Kate was wearing a blue jumper and blue leggings (possibly skinny jeans).


Mark Woodward Twitter


It is quite possible Kate wore her Celtic Sheepskin Cabra Boots (we last saw Kate wearing them while walking Lupo in Kensington Gardens). The £175 boots are available in sizes 3-9.


Celtic Sheepskin

Duchess Kate was also spotted running errands in Llangefni, the county town of Anglesey.

Wikipedia

************

Kate graces the cover of November's Majesty Magazine. It is an excellent read for anyone who enjoys following the royals.


Majesty Magazine
************

Pippa Middleton has spoken for the first time about her rise to fame in her first book Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Family and Friends. I rarely include Pippa in the blog but decided to make an exception this time because it is the first time we have heard Pippa's thoughts rather than media speculation. The 29-year-old admitted she is still coming to terms with her celebrity:

'It is a bit startling to achieve global recognition (if that's the right word) before the age of 30, on account of your sister, brother-in-law and your bottom. One day I might be able to make sense of this. In the meantime I think it's fair to say it has its upside and its downside. I certainly have opportunities many can only dream of - but in most ways I'm a typical girl in her 20s trying to forge a career and represent herself in what can sometimes seem rather strange circumstances'.

Pippa said one of the main advantages of her celebrity has been the opportunity to write 'Celebrate' and have it published (it was reported Pippa signed a deal worth £400,000 with Michael Joseph). The book is party-planner Pippa's guide to home entertaining and includes seasonal recipes and a selection of anecdotes recalling her childhood growing up with Kate in Berkshire.

Mail On Sunday

Pippa also acknowledges the effect her sister's fame will have on sales:

'I know many of you will pick up the book out of nothing more than curiosity. But I can assure you that it feels even stranger to me than it probably does to you to have seen so much written about me when I have done so little to paint a picture of myself. This is my first chance to do that and I've enjoyed every minute of it'.

Celebrate is released at the end of this month and can be pre-ordered for $31.50 at Amazon.



************

I don't know about you, but I love nothing more than a royal wedding and yesterday's wedding of Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Belgian Countess Stephanie De Lannoy was one of my all-time favourites. The bride looked breathtakingly beautiful in an Elie Saab creation, with a four metre train and silk tulle veil adorned with a silver floral motif. Royalty from all over the world attended the wedding. Edward and Sophie represented the British Royal family.

This stunning photo was taken by royal photographer James Whatling who takes the majority of the photos of Kate you see here on the blog. I am delighted he works with one of the agencies I use because he has an excellent eye.



Kate's next scheduled engagement is a Buckingham Palace reception for Team GB athletes on Tuesday evening. Any early style predictions?

33 comments:

  1. its strange to hear pippas view on things-but she seems like a smart and lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad for Pippa- just because she was her sister's maid of honour she became famous. Its strange to have people know all about you when you don't even know them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you should feel sorry for her! She is using her celebrity status to get a lucrative book deal worth 400 k !

      Delete
    2. I :honk you should be nice and respect others opinions

      Delete
    3. Jackie I so agree with you. I don't think she asked to be famous just because she was in her sisters wedding. She has every right to have a life and career without the press watching her every move. If her career includes a book deal then so be it. Good for her and I wish her the best.

      Delete
    4. Really she has the skills like her mom and takes the opportunity. What's so bad about that.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for pictures. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire Pippa's candor. A lot of what has happened to her - for example, being featured many, many times in the media since her sister's wedding - has not been of her own doing. She has handled it very well - as have the rest of the Middletons.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with that. Very well put.

      Delete
  5. Lovely wedding dress. I really like the deeper cream shade of the lace. It's not quite tea stain looking, but not optic white - perfect way to wear lace this time of the yr IMO.

    As for predictions on fashion Kate will wear at her next pub. appearance, given it's indoors, I would think no need for heavy layered look. But then also it's full on fall season now on the cusp of winter's turn there (I am still barefoot and in shorts where I live)...but I would think a nice wool crepe dress would be something quite possible. Would be nice to see her in a deep blue again or a med. gray that is so on trend. Like to see her give burgundy a rest after pulling out her coat and wearing that last burgundy suit. So if anything, I would say we probably are not going to see her in burgundy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ana B. from Brazil22 October 2012 at 00:26

    I am absolutely amazed... This is, surely, the prettiest, the most beautiful wedding dress I have ever seen, in my entire life... Loved Catherine's wedding dress, but this one... I'm speechless... No words to discribe it!
    It is nice to hear Pippa's thoughts about her sudden rise to fame. In my opinion, she is doing a great job dealing with it. I actually like her!
    Can't wait to Catherine's next engagement!
    A nice week to you all!
    Hugs from a very hot Sao Paulo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for Pippa for finally speaking up and stating the obvious.

    And I too love that wedding gown - especially the color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, Albany, Western Australia22 October 2012 at 01:11

    I've seen the Majesty Magazine in my favourite newsagents; hopefully I can get one.
    Good on you, Pippa, no one deserves the amount of rudeness and nastiness that you've received since the wedding. Best of luck to you.
    Yes, wasn't the Guillaume/Stephanie wedding lovely? Being an avid Royal watcher I was disappointed my internet wasn't good enough to watch it online, but I've been devouring every picture and every comment on The Royal Forums.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eve from Colorado USA22 October 2012 at 02:29

    Do we know who designed that exquisite wedding gown? I was surprised to see that the sleeves did not cover her entire arms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loved Kate's wedding dress, but Stephanie's dress is what I have always dreamed about, it's absolute perfection, however I don't really like the tiara she choose with it. Can't wait for the next post! -Brit

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture of Pippa with the kid eating donuts is a cute pic! Can't wait for her book to become available at a lesser price,Thanks Charlotte for this update! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use to be able to get the Majesty magazine from the library, now they don't carry it anymore. So sad! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try finding afew friends to go in on a subscription.

      Delete
  13. Awesome post, Charlotte! Thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristin,San Francisco22 October 2012 at 05:04

    Charlotte, luv yr blog! !! Also LUV this wedding dress -wish we had more of this style on the West Coast. I agree with beachgal on this post & her previous posts - more grey, lower hemlines & pencil skirts & perhaps taupes would be pretty on Kate during the fall/winter. The up-do hair style works so well for Kate; the hanging hair do maybe her 'security blanket' - any shots on this? I am twice her age & find this couple inspiring & wish them the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw the photos from the Luxembourg wedding on Royal order of sartorial splendour, and I wholy agree - the bride was stunning.I love Elie Saab, I love 3/4 sleeves and I love lace...pitty I´m already married, I want to be a bride again :) One of my favorite famous bride´s dress ever.
    Charlotte, I know, that this web is dedicated to Catherine but since she wasn´t there and the only representatives on the wedding from British royal family was Edward and Sophie and because Sophie looked terrific in her retro dress and because I feel sorry for her to be so omititted by media although she is very hardworking royal and seems to me as a beautiful and classy lady, couldn´t you post here her photo from the wedding?:)
    Regarding to the Tuesday reception...I´ve been longing for more a year to see Kate in that bronze one shoulder CK dress (and proper hair- do;) ) she bought in her fave outlet..maybe that will be the occasion? But hard to say as we have no info about the dress code and we´ve already seen that reception not always meant as a black tie event.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the bride looks beautiful- the dress is stunning and I agree the most beautiful I have seen. Her make up is understated and natural and I think much more bride-like than Kate's who to me wore a little too much on her wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was surprised by the Luxembourg wedding dress. There was an integral train to the dress and another from the waist and a long veil. Yards of material dragged behind her, but the veil wasn't used to cover the head, but to mask a naked back.
    The night before she wore a similar backless dress for the State dinner---great, but to repeat it again for a Nuptial Mass, I thought lacking in taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naked back? Only by Saudi standards.

      Delete
  18. Theresa, from Paris22 October 2012 at 11:17

    I watched quite a bit of the Luxembourg wedding. The young couple really love each other, which is always wonderful to see...
    Hats off to Princess Mary of Denmark and her outstanding elegance. To my mind, she nearly always gets it right.
    On the other hand, just for a bit of fun and gossip, I do wish Charlene of Monaco would smile once in a while. Her glum looks are depressing and must be hurtful for the countries she visits. That is part of the royal job : to smile and make people feel appreciated, not pout like a model on a runway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more about Princess Mary. She is extremely elegant. I love her style. Regarding Charlene, I think there's a valid reason for her expressions. :(

      Delete
  19. I love the dress and most especially her elegant updo and veil!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kate may incorporate the Team GB scarf into her outfit...

    ReplyDelete
  21. The crown princess of luxembourg looks gorgeous i love her dress

    ReplyDelete
  22. Claudia from Austria23 October 2012 at 09:44

    I watched the Luxembourg wedding too and I loved it! A wonderful and also emotional ceremony and Stephanie’s dress was fabulous, she looked beautiful! I love Elie Saab’s dresses and I so wish one day we can see Kate wearing one of his creations. Sophie looked fabulous too, she was one of the best-dressed guests in my opinion, along with CP Mary of Denmark. Sophie and Edward do a great job in representing the Queen not only at weddings, but also on other official duties and overseas tours, and it’s sad that their work doesn’t get so much media attention.
    As for Pippa, while certainly not everything she did in the last 1.5 years was very clever, I think that she didn’t ask to be famous in the first place and as every human, she makes mistakes, with the difference that she was constantly in the media spotlight. As she says herself, being well-known has upsides and downsides. If she has the opportunity to write a book, why should she not take it. I wish her all the best.
    I’m looking forward to this evening’s engagement and I’m really curious what dress code we will get to see – the athletes will be in their tracksuits so I don’t think the Royals will be all dressed up. Maybe we will see a repeated outfit from Kate?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, where are your links to the other blog you usually follow? I used to come to your side and had a quick look wich on was updated.

    ReplyDelete
  24. stefanie is very pretty i love her very much, inteligente and sympatic women,beautyful

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.