Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Kate in Raoul For Visit to Strathmore Green + Rainbow Center

William and Kate visited Strathmore Green, a precinct in Queenstown, a residential area in Singapore which was chosen because it was named after Queen Elizabeth II.




The couple were greeted by a lion dance troupe much to their amusement.


The Strait Times Facebook

Kate received a posy from a little girl. Children warm to the Duchess so easily and it's great to see her interacting with them. Adorable photo.


Rebecca English Twitter

The crowd await William and Kate's arrival.


The Strait Times Twitter

The couple viewed cultural performances that showcased the three main cultures of Singapore: the Chinese, Malay and Indian communities. 


Photo used with kind permission of MEDIA-MODE.COM

Kate meeting children.


Photo used with kind permission of MEDIA-MODE.COM

The royals visited the Rainbow Center next, a school and community centre for children with special needs.



The Strait Times Facebook 

An adorable shot of Kate meeting a little boy at the Rainbow Center.

The Strait Times Facebook

In 1992, Rainbow Center Singapore was established as a registered charity. The centre runs two special needs schools and two Early Intervention Programme centres at Rainbow Center. All the centre's programmes adopt a holistic developmental curriculum in the areas of language and communication skills, cognitive skills, social and emotional skills and adaptive daily skills. If you wish to support the center you can find all relevant information about donating here.


Photo used with kind permission of MEDIA-MODE.COM

Kate met children in an art therapy class and William took part in a physical education class. The centre is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, a very appropriate time for a royal visit. Kate also took part in an art class during the Canada tour and one of her patronages is The Art Room. As a History of Art graduate Kate is obviously passionate about art and is utilizing that in her role as a member of the royal family.


Georgina Brewer Twitter

Royal fans were certainly enthusiastic to see the couple.


Mark Stewart Twitter

Kate made a quick change into an outfit by Singaporean label RAOUL. The brand is helmed by Douglas and Odile Benjamin and began as a men's shirt label. It has evolved into a full collection of ready- to- wear for men and women including accessories and timepieces. Celebrities such as Helen Mirren and Elle MacPherson have been seen in RAOUL.



Kate wore the ivory Silk Print Pleated Skirt and the Tara Top. The print pieces retail for €279 and €206 respectively at Matches. I love the silk print and think it's a very pretty, floaty look. Essential given the humidity in Singapore and it's wonderful to see Kate supporting Asian fashion.

 From the product description


'Work geometric prints on and off duty. A red and black cube -heart print is reminiscent of vintage 70s styling. Raoul puts a retro-cool slant on ladylike new-season dressing'.

RAOUL/Matches

A look at the back of the pieces.


RAOUL/Matches

Kate wore her favourite LK Bennett Sledge Pumps.



LK Bennett

The Duchess accessorized with her Annoushka baroque pearl earrings.



Annoushka

The Duke and Duchess will attend a reception at Eden Hall later. See you then :)


Photo used with kind permission of MEDIA-MODE.COM

36 comments:

  1. Exactly, very pretty and floaty look! Thanks for your quick and nice coverage Charlotte!
    Just one negative -those hair, those hair! This is why she pays the personal hairdresser? To sport loos messy hair? This morning was more or less okay,although visibly figthing the weather but this occassion already screams for a nice ponytail!! She looks sooo good in them I don´t know why she doesn´t wear them more, in privacy she sports them quite often so she obviously feels good in them. Also Prabal Grunung dress was screaming for a simple bun as she wore in Canada with the purple Issa due to the upper part of the dress where the ornament was "blooming" and the back-cut neckline. For me is such a pity - so beautiful outfits and always the same hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful morning news here for me in Germany! :-) Thank you Charlotte!

    I like her dresses so far. They seem so fresh and young- modern and classy at the same time!

    She looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo from Singapore! love your blog and how fast you do things! Amazing(: Got a wave from Will and Kate on their way to Queenstown! MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE. HAHA continue with the amazing coverage(: Looking forward to what she wears tonight at Eden Hall! should we expect a tiara? I REALLY HOPE SO:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Matthew, how exciting. I hope you're having a wonderful time and enjoying the tour. Perhaps you will see the royals again?

      I'm not expecting a tiara tonight but we could be pleasantly surprised. It's amazing to see Kate supporting Asian designers.

      Delete
    2. O you're a lucky person Matthew! Fantastic!

      Delete
    3. It's wonderful! I actually went to the Gardens to see them but my oh my it was so crowded I couldn't see them at all! 5000 people or MORE. then I got my dad to go to Queenstown for me to take pictures I wonder if he managed to... if I was in school I would have rushed there, my school is really close to there..

      Well, so far she's been dressing brilliantly and I expect more of the same throughout the rest of her tour!
      Crossing my fingers for a tiara ^^ I hope to catch them at the airport tomorrow as I live quite close..

      Delete
    4. Do let us know if you see them. How exciting!

      Delete
    5. will do just that(: was too excited just now to get any pictures HAHA

      Delete
    6. Thank you Matthew and most importantly enjoy the royal visit!

      Delete
    7. I just got another wave from Kate. she's looking beautiful

      Delete
    8. That is amazing Matthew. I heard Kate's wearing a blue and white Erdem dress but have not seen photos yet!

      Delete
    9. I think she was. she was leaving her hotel when our car got stopped and I jumped out to get a glimpse of her getting into her car. Looking forward to the pics too(:

      Delete
    10. It must have been wonderful to see Kate again. I'm delighted you've been able to spot her!

      Delete
    11. I was delighted. this is easily one of the best days of my life

      Delete
    12. aaaww, I wish the Duchess could read such nice posts like this from Matthew!

      And I wish she could read this wonderful (and absolutely not intrusive but very respectfully) blog!

      Delete
  4. I love both outfits. Class, class, class! And William is beyond handsome. What a striking couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte ... YOU ARE AMAZING !!! :)
    I read your blog everyday.. I am addicted to your blog :) The way you select and present information is professional.
    Thank you for creating such a wonderful place !

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful choice of pictures, Charlotte !!! Thank u for the great posts ;-)

    I too wish she would style her hair a bit differently from time to time. She's so lucky to have those glorious locks to put up or leave down. Loving her clothes up till now, except for the wedges with that dress, of course... Much too chunky, but probably very comfortable.
    All best, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't she wear pearl earrings? I think I can see them in the first picture...
    Fede from Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right - the same pearl ones she wore yesterday

      Delete
    2. I do think, too, that she is wearing pearl earings

      Delete
  8. love her choices of dress fabulous Charlotte im looking forward to their next stop in malaysia im little to sleepy yesterday im glad reading your blog this dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oups...Earrings are from Anoushka.

    Many Thanks Charlotte and have un look on my website which is top one in France and promoted by Elle magazine:

    http://blog.elle.fr/lejournaldemodedekatemiddleton

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of the outfits today!! The timing is absolutely perfect for me because the tour is 12 hours ahead from where I live so in the morning the tour is almost over and I don't have to worry about missing engagements :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would just like to point out that Raoul is not only an Asian brand, but a Singapore brand, hence the connection. Go Kate! Thanks Charlotte for your quick updates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to come home from college early and have not one but two new posts to read :D hope your not too tired staying up to do these blogs due to the time difference! Looking forward to the reception later on.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the quick update Charlotte!Kate looks awesome and the dress choice is perfect for the weather! Can't wait for your next post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking at this dress flows, I bet it was super cool and floaty in the hot weather. Only thing I don't like about it - it looks a little translucent up top, you can clearly see an outline of Kate's bra or lining of the dress.

    And she has some fabulous legs! I'll admit to having gotten a little tired of the sledge pumps, but I think her legs look better in those than any of her other shoes (certainly the dreaded wedges! LOL)

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the outfit, I thought it was a dress at first!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Raoul outfit, especially the sleeves. Not so keen on the McQueen one, sorry - it's the wedges that ruin it for me.

    Charlotte - have you seen this...http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/duchess-of-cambridge--loves--bicester-village.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have indeed, It's great Kate still loves the outlet village and royal life hasn't changed that.

      Thank you for the link.

      Delete
  17. i love your updates! they're always up to the minute and puts a smile on my face :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was kinda hoping not to see 'those' shoes !!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not a fan of this outfit...

    ReplyDelete
  20. definitely not my fave outfit but probably nice and breezy in the heat for her. she is definitely glowing in her gorgeous fuller figure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I rushed out to the nearest Raoul boutique to get my hands on the exact same blouse that she wore! So glad that I now own a piece of clothing similar to the Duchess'! Crazy, I know. I saw both Wills and Kate , 2 metres from where I was standing at the Raffles Hotel. They are an absolutely gorgeous couple.

    - Azlyn from Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.