Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Claudia Bradby: Coco and Heritage Jewellery Collections

Hello Duchess Kate readers,

Those of you who are regular readers of the blog will know I am a huge fan of Claudia Bradby JewelleryI've been lucky enough to get to know Claudia via Twitter ( she is an absolute lady) and I was delighted when she offered me the opportunity to review some of her exquisite jewellery. 


Claudia launched her designs in 1999 and has become renowned for timeless, elegant collections of gold, silver and pearl jewellery. The talented jewellery designer still personally designs each collection and travels the world to source the finest quality pearls for her team in Hampshire.

Below we see Claudia with her husband, Tom Bradby, at the 'Shadow Dancer' premiere last month. I'm sure you all recognise Tom. He is the journalist who interviewed William and Kate for their engagement interview.


Claudia Bradby

Claudia's designs caught the eye of Kate when she worked at Junior Jigsaw as an accessories buyer. There, she approached Claudia and the pair collaborated to create some beautiful pieces. Claudia spoke about working with Kate:

'I found her utterly charming and really rather impressive; focused, creative, thoughtful and kind. The Royal family is very lucky to have her'.

A look at Kate wearing the Camellia Necklace.


Claudia Bradby 

Each item came beautifully presented in a jewellery pouch and placed in a gift box. 



The first piece that caught my eye was the chic Ines Bracelet. The molten silver pearl bracelet features a nugget clasp. It is a striking piece which one could wear for an evening event or to dress up a daytime look (if you like the bracelet you can take a look at the accompanying Ines Necklace here).




A pair of pearl earrings are an essential in everyone's collection and the Alexandra Earrings are a must have. The pearl drop earrings feature 1cm silver hoops. They are currently available for just £39.



The Alexandra earrings are very Kate. The Duchess owns a number of almost identical pairs such as the Annoushka pearl she has been wearing during the tour.


From Grace Kelly to Duchess Kate, white pearls have been a favourite of style icons for decades. The Biography Bracelet is simply stunning and feels beautiful to wear. The bold silver ring clasp adds an element of the contemporary to this long-standing fashion favourite.



All three pieces above are from Claudia's latest collection The Coco which draws inspiration from iconic designers Chanel, Armani and their muses and is influenced by the design philosophy of Kate favourite Stella McCartney.

The Cate BraceletPaloma Necklace and Lara Silver Necklace.



Claudia Bradby

Other pieces from the feminine and alluring collection include the Alexa NecklaceStella Earrings and Stella Necklace.


Claudia Bradby

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee was an unforgettable time for the Royal family and people around the world who follow the Sovereign. To commemorate the Jubilee, Claudia designed the perfect keepsake The Jubilee Necklace. The silver disc with pearl charm includes the official Jubilee hallmark and hangs from a 16 inch sterling silver chain (with thanks to my lovely fiancé for taking the photos :))





I would highly recommend these beautiful pieces. They look amazing in reality and feel lovely to wear. The website is here. For the latest updates and offers you can follow via Twitter and Claudia's fabulous blog is here. All information on delivery and returns is here.

It was an absolute pleasure working with Claudia and her colleague Camilla. We'll finish with a piece that, as a dog lover made me smile. The Canine Partners Dog Necklace designed for life changing charity Canine Partners. It's lovely to see designers supporting charitable causes and raising awareness through their work.


Claudia Bradby

19 comments:

  1. Have the comments disappeared under the last two posts? Or is it just me! Thanks Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comments from this post and the previous one have disappeared. I contacted blogger and it can happen to blogs but no real explanation why. Thankfully it seems to be fixed now. Very bizarre indeed.....

      Delete
  2. I like the pearl drop earrings...and the love me/love my dog necklace is something I can relate to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too, I'm a huge dog lover :)

      Delete
  3. The pieces shown are so pretty. The white pearl bracelet is going on my Christmas list!

    Lovely review Charlotte and thank you for your brilliant posts during the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I want them all the coloured pearls are AMAZING

    Charlotte if it's not to intrusive could I ask where you got your bird print top? I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it's by Oasis :)

      Delete
    2. Charlotte, could you also do a feature on Kate's jewellrey including her wedding gifts-I like the bracelet Camilla gave her, with thee letter c and the crown on it. I'm sorry I'm suggesting extra work and if you wouldn't want to do it, I totally understand :)

      Delete
    3. No problem at all, I have a few tour polls and posts coming up but will work on the jewellery post then :)

      As it's so difficult to decide, you may all select multiple answers :)

      Delete
  5. I had no idea Kate designed jewelry when she worked in jigsaw. Thank you for yet another must read post the jewelry is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pieces in the post are beautiful and they look even more beautiful on you Charlotte. I love pearls personally and I'm always on the look out for a great pair of pearl earrings for work. The ones you posted are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The love my dog necklace is too cute :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing review Charlotte you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I fell in love with this jewelry after your post this summer, and have become the very proud owner of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee necklace and the Princess necklace, which was designed for the royal wedding. We really must devise a plan, however, for cheaper postage to the States! I think I need those pearl earrings next! Thank you, Charlotte; I know how much time it takes to make this site so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely surprise to combat the withdrawal symptoms. What a lovely post - how well connected you are!

    The jewellery is lovely...I wish there was some way we could all club together as a thank you from us all and let you choose a piece!

    Much love,

    PPx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Charlotte!

    What a great post! Thank you so much!

    I love the Alexandra earrings!! Love pearls so much! The other pieces are very pretty too! I think I have to tell my family or parents! Maybe I get them to christmas! Like the mug! ;-)

    Many regards!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful pieces of jewellery!!I agree with one of the comments, I wish we all could get together and gift you any piece that you like!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your jewellery it's so beautiful, I like it vey much, I also bought one at omega watches for sale
    , If you want one too. can visit this address, The backpacks are beautiful at there. I think you will be love it too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.