Friday, 3 August 2012

Kate in Zara Blazer for Olympic Swimming

Hello again Duchess Kate readers :)


After visiting Team GB House William and Kate went to the Aquatics Centre to watch the swimming.


London 2012
Kate put her hands over her eyes as the race finished. Team GB's Rebecca Adlington came third and said she was 'proud to get a bronze'. 


London 2012
Kate shaking hands with Olympic gold medallist in rowing Steve Redgrave.


Reuters
The Aquatics Centre is one of the permanent venues specially designed for London 2012. Designed by internationally acclaimed architect Zaha Hadid, it forms part of the gateway to Olympic Park. More than two thirds of spectators will enter the park at the south-east corner via a bridge that forms part of the venue's roof.


London 2012
The centre has a capacity of 17,500 and a spectacular wave-like roof, 160m long and 80m wide.


London 2012

Kate wore the red ZARA Blazer with gathered shoulders. It is available for £70 and a lovely choice. 


Zara
A closer look at the detail.


Zara
Kate is also wearing a pretty white and navy polka dot top, a gold London 2012 pin on her lapel.


AP
Kate's navy jeans are the Zara Pop Slim Fit, she also owns them in coral (With thanks to Anna and Ashley) 


Reuters


It has been a very busy day for Kate. In case you missed anything I have made a page (with the help of my very patient fiancé :)) with all of Kate's London 2012 engagements and appearances. You can view it here. I will update it daily until the Olympics end.


Reuters
In other news, Andy Murray has made it to the final and will play Roger Federer Sunday afternoon. Definite possibility for William and Kate.


Wimbledon Twitter


We'll finish with a very quick note on comments. Sometimes comments are put in my spam folder which do not belong there. If you don't see your comment published don't hesitate to let me know. A lady named Nora commented on July 27 and I just saw her comment now. It was an incredibly kind comment and I want to say a belated thank you to her, and of course a huge thank you to each one of you who take the time comment and participate in discussion. It makes the blog so much more interesting.


See you all tomorrow :)

18 comments:

  1. I would love to see she using lighter hand on makeup someday...She looks pretty but sometimes I feel her makeup is too heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, her face looks puffy and the make-up looks horrendous. I am a big Kate fan, I think she is super stylish, and I like today's outfit, but I don't understand why she had to change in the middle of the day. I thought the point was not to distract from athletic performances?

      Delete
    2. I have had to change outfits in the middle of the day before. Sometimes things spill or rip etc...

      Delete
    3. She changed because they were holding a reception for volunteers and military.
      Seems like good manners to me.

      Delete
  2. Been watching the Andy Murray match and now have a sore throat from shouting and cheering! Haha! Would love to see Kate and William attend the final as they are keen tennis fans! Hopefully Murray can win this time and get revenge from Wimbledon haha :) thanks again for quick and detailed posts :)
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I hope Murray wins this time! It was sad watching him cry when he lost the Wimbledon:(
      I like Kate's polka dot top she's worn inside the red blazer. Charlotte is there a video to the previous post where Will and Kate met the athletes(where she's wearing the red blazer). Also any idea when will Williams's and Harry's interview be aired?thanks a ton Charlotte for all of the hard work you have put in!:)

      Delete
    2. Hi Siddhii,

      I haven't seen any videos from the couples meeting with Team GB. I will add a link to the BBC interview as soon as I find one that will work in the US :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely look on Kate. And classic, yet again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Duchess Kate the content of your work I think will be a book very soon. It is so brilliant and detailed. **** This is for your fiancée - Well done you! You are now in the same league as all the journalist's extraordinarily supportive partners who sadly never get a mention. Just think when you see all the commentators & journos etc you now know what their partners are going through, BLESS YOU. **** Duchess Kate well done. Donna LMJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your lovely comments, You are all very kind x

    ReplyDelete
  6. here video hope that work...check it out from interview with BBC i think..

    http://vimeo.com/46908738

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this red jacket!!! It suits her so well. As a tall slender woman with a small frame the Duchess can wear all the pleats, pinches, ruffles, etc. she wants (I can't!).

    Not only do I love the jacket but paired with that playful polka dotted shirt makes the whole ensemble an absolute winner!!! And totally "repli-kate-able"!

    A+ in my book for the Duchess!!! Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. So two comments, first are sure her polka dot shirt is black? I suspect it may be navy polka dots. That would match her "Team GB" theme that she has going (plus I prefer navy polka dots to black, not sure why! Lol. ;))
    Second, I suspect that if Kate does go to the Wimbledon final on Sunday it will be w/out Wills because doesn't he go back to work? I think that's why all her Olympic events next week are solo and it's just her and Harry at the Closing ceremonies.
    Just my two cents. :)
    Thank you so much for all your hard work Charlotte! You've been so busy but we really appreciate you keeping us up-to-date so well!! :)

    Ps. Yes please to video from Harry & Wills interviews!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara,

      I just added a link to one of the interviews.

      In some photos the polka dots look black and in others navy but I do think you are correct. Thank you. It's highly possible if Kate goes to Wimbledon it will be with Pippa, for sure.

      Delete
  9. I love me some Kate, but who do we have to pay to get her out of those Stuart Weitzman wedges? I wish she would wear a simple pair of ballet flats to some Olympic events.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope andy murray win this time get some revenge for roger fed loving her blazer i think her make up too much for her

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog! I am a Kate follower from the States. You always post amazing pictures and updates of her public appearances. Great blog and thank you for sharing your updates!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.