Friday, 11 May 2012

William and Kate attend Olympic Gala + Weekly Round Up

Hello Duchess Kate readers,
I'd like to begin today's packed post with my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced trying to access the blog during the past week while the blog was offline. It's been a busy week for Kate and this evening was no exception. In their first joint role as Olympic Ambassadors William and Kate attended fundraising gala Our Greatest Team Rises at the Royal Albert Hall


SplashNews.com


It was a sunny evening in London and the couple were all smiles. Below we see William extending his arm for Kate. Always the gentleman :)


SplashNews.com


The joint British Olympic Association and British Paralympic Association event included performances from Gary Barlow and the menu was prepared by Michelin star chef Simon Hulstone. The Olympic flame was lit yesterday in Olympia, Greece marking the final stages of the countdown before the games begin. The torch will arrive in the UK on May 18th, to see the route where the flame will be travelling please click here.


London 2012 Facebook


Airline partner of Team GB British Airways tweeted a photo from inside the Royal Albert Hall. It looks amazing.


British Airways Twitter


Over 3,000 guests attended in support of British athletes who have been officially selected for Team GB or in the final stages of qualifying. William, Kate and Harry are reportedly very eager to support and encourage the athletes and coaches. The black tie event provided the ideal opportunity for the royals to meet members of Team GB. Kate is passionate about sports and this is an ideal role for her. 


David Wilkinson kindly took twitter pics from inside the hall


Prince William's speech was an uplifting one. He spoke of how proud he, Kate and Harry are to be involved with Team GB. 'These games remind us of the power of the human spirit. You, our Olympians and Paralympians , will inspire people up and down this country, and far beyond its borders'.


Team GB Twitter


Kate looked radiant in a teal Jenny Packham 'Aspen' dress from the F/W 2012 Bridal Collection. (With thanks to the wonderful Anna) The  floor sweeping gown is simply gorgeous. Kate wore her hair in a chic updo allowing the detailing on the top of the dress to be seen. The dress was £2875.  Many of us have been hoping to see Kate wear a brighter colour and in my opinion the Packham dress is made for royalty. The follow information on the dress was released via the Jenny Packham Facebook Page

"The style combines an emerald lace bodice embellished with Swarovski crystals and a pleated skirt, ribbon waisted with a crystal and flower embellishment and matching bespoke clutch bag."


Jenny Packham


A look at the back of the dress. The sheer lace detailing is quite exquisite. We can also the braiding in Kate's hair. 


SplashNews.com


The dress features a jewelled belt which emphasises the waist nicely. The bespoke clutch bag is a beautiful piece itself and shows the level of thought Jenny Packham gives to helping her customers achieve a red carpet worthy look.


Reuters


For the second time this week Kate chose her Jimmy Choo Vamp Sandals.


Jimmy Choo


Kate also wore dazzling chandelier earrings. They appear to be new, we certainly have not seen Kate wear them publicly before. To view more photos from the gala please visit Pop Sugar.


Reuters


The BBC has a lovely video from the evening.




************

The couple attended a private engagement in London on Tuesday night. Prince William was invited as guest speaker at Claridge's hotel for a meeting of the Thirty Club. Founded in 1905, its members include some of the most powerful people in advertising. St James' Palace said Kate 'accompanied William for support'.


SplashNews.com

For those of you outside of the UK, Claridge's is a five star hotel in the heart of Mayfair. William and Kate are not the first royals to enjoy fine dining at the award winning hotel. Previous guests have varied from Kings of Greece, Norway and Yugoslavia to Hollywood royalty Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. A look at one of the event rooms 'The French Salon'. 

Claridge's
I'm delighted photos were taken at the event because Kate's dress was stunning. We are rarely lucky enough to see Kate in an evening dress and she certainly did not disappoint. Choosing the cream, long sleeved Roland Mouret Lombard from the Fall 2009 collection. Named after Hollywood bombshell Carole Lombard. (With many thanks to the super sleuths from What Kate Wore) It's the first time we've seen the Duchess wear a dress with a thigh high slit which I thought worked perfectly with the structured shoulders and high neckline.


SplashNews.com

The jade green version of the dress has been worn by several famous faces included France's former first lady Carla Bruni and actress Amber Valetta. Many felt Kate should have opted for the jade version but the off white colour worked with her colouring and the entire look was 'very Kate'. Personally it was one of my favourite looks. What did you think?

Style.com/Grazia

Mr Mouret was surprised to hear Kate wore his creation, speaking to Grazia he said

"I am absolutely delighted that the Duchess of Cambridge chose to wear my Lombard gown to the thirty club dinner. The Duchess has an elegance and timeless beauty that is a breath of fresh air, it is an honour to be part of her journey. "

Kate wore her Jimmy Choos Vamp platform sandals. The 4.5 inch shoes are available for €550.

Jimmy Choo
Kate accessorised with her 'Eva' earrings from Beaut Jewellery. I love the dazzling yet classic look of the chandelier earrings.

Beaut

************

Kate was photographed on a camping trip with a group of boy scouts in Anglesey last week. The 30 year old privately volunteers with the Scouts in her spare time. While it is not one of her official patronages it is something she is clearly passionate about. Kate brought her beloved cocker spaniel Lupo on the trip and carried a box of pringles for the kids. I love seeing candids of the Duchess and it's always interesting to see how down to earth she is. There are thirty one lovely photos from the trip at Pop Sugar.

Pop Sugar
Kate wore her hair scraped back into a bun. She dressed casually in a navy sweater, gilet and scarf. Fashionista Ashley Margot tweeted Paige Denim who confirmed Kate was wearing their Skyline Angle Peg jeans. The mid rise jeans are available for $189.


Kate completed her casual look with her Le Chameau boots


Le Chameau

and a pair of striped welly socks. They may not be the most fashionable item around but they're very comfortable and certainly practical for a camping trip. They are available in numerous colours at Hunter for £17.

Hunter

************

Next Friday William and Kate will attend a lunch at Windsor. Royals from around the world will be in attendance to celebrate the Queen's jubilee. It has also been announced Kate will attend a garden party at Buckingham Palace later this month. Looking forward to both engagements. The Duchess graces the cover of Royalty magazine this month (With thanks to @Royal Beans via Twitter)


Royalty
************

Finally I thought I would wrap up this post with something a little off topic. I was surprised to see Prince Charles presenting a special weather forecast yesterday. The Prince of Wales visited BBC Scotland to celebrate 60 years of television. I must say he did a rather good job, What did you think? Perhaps we'll see William and Kate doing the same someday :) To watch the video please Click here.

Washington Post/BBC

78 comments:

  1. So glad to see a new post from you! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back we miss this blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyyyy your blog is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much! How beautiful does Kate look tonight? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate looks absolutely gorgeous in that dress! The color looks great on her (well, every single color looks good on her anyway. Haha) and I loved that she wore her hair differently today, not the usual "Kate blowdry". Anyhow, I am very glad you're back and I wish this blog the very best. This site is one of my all-time favorite blogs and I really couldn't imagine life without it! Haha! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green dress looks ....a drab to me. :( The ivory one is stunning although there are lots of debates on whethere she should or shouldn't have worn that one with such a sexy appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for a new post! This teal evening gown is my favorite of all of Kate's evening looks so far. I also love her hair up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see that U R Back !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Charlotte, your blog is a big breath of fresh air! How beautiful was Kate tonight! And William so smart! What a nice couple! Thank you so much. I really enjoy the way you write. Kind regards from the South of France.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo! You're up and running again! I'm SO glad, why? Because you're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! I realy miss this blog. Kate looks absolutely beautiful tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy the blog is back! You do recaps better than anyone! Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your lovely comments. I'm delighted to have the blog up and running again :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeahhhhhhhhhh I'm glad you are back!!!!!!! Thanks for the post!!!! Anett

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!! Welcome back! I'm so happy that everything worked out.... Keep up the great work!!!! Can't wait fir the next post already:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the Teal gown!! and LOVE the lace detailing on the back! Kate looks simply gorgeous!! I like this look better than the cream gown,maybe if she had her hair up, the cream gown would've looked different(better). Welcome back Charlotte!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahh I thought it closed no longer now you are back.. Good to see you again smile..welcome back!! I liked her dress thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just one word: gorgeous! I had been hoping to see something unexpected tonight – the dress is wonderful, I love the lace details and it’s a beautiful colour too, Kate looks simply stunning. The beautiful updo is a nice change, and this dress really needs this hairstyle. Love this look! Though I’m not really very fond of these Jimmy Choo sandals, but the dress is so long and floating that it covers the shoes most of the time. As for William, he always looks good in black tie but I’ve been thinking for some time now that his trousers really need to be a little longer.
    I also loved Kate’s outfit of Tuesday, quite different from tonight’s but equally stunning. A very elegant, simple and timeless dress, and while I loved the teal colour of tonight’s Packham dress, I also preferred the Mouret dress in the cream colour that Kate chose, the jade version of this one would have been a little too dark for this time of the year imho. The teal of tonight’s dress seems to be brighter and fresher.
    So funny to see Prince Charles presenting the weather forecast, he did a really good job!
    Thanks for this great post, so glad you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joy 19th may 2012

      I agree with every thing you just typed. Don't you think Kate should buy some new evening shoes? I'm a little tired of the same jimmy choo shoes.
      Shoes can make or break an outfit, at least that's what my mother always told me. I think she puts too much emphasis on her bags, as she should, but shouldn't she also put the same on her shoes?

      William is falling flat with his shoes and his attire, really, shouldn't he be seeing a tailor, He should look as put together as his wife does!

      Delete
  19. YAY!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! So so so happy!!! Thank you for blogging again! The post is awesome. I ADORE her new dress! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for this amazing post!
    Kate looks gorgeous in this dress and her shoes by Jimmy Choo are just so stylish and beautiful. She keep being stunning all the time, sweet and smiling couple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOUR BACK!!! i thought you said you were closing the blog because you could not afford the photos because your a student

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wahoooooo! you are BACK! :) And once again - you are the FIRST with a post!

    Her dress is absolutley stunning! I love the braiding in her hair, and how the pleated dress is like the Greek style in the torch lighting ceremony. Well done Kate!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now looking at the better closeup picture, I know why I don't like the dress...It's the sleeves which look...just odd. From the back it's so spot on...

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh, this dress is so gorgeous.

    thank you for this very good and informative post! great job charlotte! as always! so happy you're back!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad you're back! Your blog always manages to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG her dress, I can`t even say how much I would loooove to wear something like that. That detailing on the back is just breathtaking. But I guess I`ll never be able to afford a jenny packham dress. To bad. But at least I could ask my hairdresser to make such a beautiful look for me too :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Squeeeeeeealllllll! I am so happy you are back. Kate's teal dress is STUNNING! It is great to see her in something different. I also love the cream dress.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi!!
    I' m brazilian... And i like só much this blog!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jenny - I did think that, the photos are expensive but SPLASH gave me a very good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yessssssssssss, you`re back!!! I`m very happy for you!!

    Your fan in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

    PS: I think Kate looks STUNNING in this dress and with her hair up.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my god, the Duchess looked just stunning tonight. One thing I noticed in the picture where William is extending his arm for his Duchess she does not take it. Or was it in that picture? I loved the dress, the shoes and that hari do was just to die for. Again William always has that helping hand on his beautiful Duchess's back.I also love the dress she wore the other night too. Let's face it, the Duchess is just so stunning and beautiful that anything she wears is stunning, even jeans and boots while camping.
    I always wonder what William thinks of his beautiful Duchess when she looks so stunning and has all these eyes on her.
    And I want to say welcome back Charlotte. You were surely missed. You have the greatest blog.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh thank you Pauline. I think William had just extended his arm and Kate was about to take it in the photo, they both seemed very happy tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG! Did I not wake up yet or is HRHDuchessKate really back??! I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been still checking the link to your blog every day :)

    As always, I'd be happy to chip in for the cost of photos :)

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sarah you are so kind. Luckily Splash News gave me a fantastic deal, far more manageable than the others. I missed blogging terribly and am so glad you're all kindly reading it again, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  35. WELCOME BACK!!!! Kate looks stunning; One of my most favourite looks on her so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. Glad to see the blog back. the dress worn by another princess http://www.purepeople.com/media/la-princesse-alexandra-de_m776480

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link and good work. It looks beautiful in that colour also, lovely dress.

      Delete
  37. Gigi, Houston, Texas, USA12 May 2012 at 01:02

    Congratulations Charlotte! Your were quoted by USA Today! I can't seem to paste the link so hopefully someone will. I had all but given up after checking the past few days. What a wonderful surprise to read the USA Today article and see your blog link featured smack in the middle! I recognized that it was yours and clicked right away... and eagerly waited for it to load.

    Yippeeee!!!! So happy you are back!!!! You made it to the big leagues! Keep up the excellent writing.

    Kate fans: if you post a comment ..how about we stop using "Anonymous" and instead use the name/URL profile to list where in the world your are enjoying this blog from. See how I identified mine :-). I think it will be neat to let Charlotte know how far her Blog has reached around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yay, so glad you're back!

    I adore this dress on Kate & her hair and makeup are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You're all so sweet. It is greatly appreciated.

    I was delighted USA Today quoted the blog! Thank you so much for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for coming back! I love your blog and missed it terribly. I was so excited when i saw a link to today's post on my FB page. Keep the posts coming. Can't wait to read more from you with all of Kate's upcoming engagements!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am so happy that your blog is back!! Love all of the looks

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hmmm Not sure how to post here! I will try again hehe! I am so Happy you are back! I just love your Blog! Thank you soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. How absolutely beautiful does Kate look, love her hair up.

    ReplyDelete
  44. It's going to be an eventful few weeks, very exciting about the lunch at Windsor next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. She looked stunning love that color! So glad you back and up, it was wired not checking on this site in the morning lol.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Yea!! Your back! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Pauline, Oak Hills California USA12 May 2012 at 03:09

    A question maybe you can answer Charlotte- Since teh lunch at Windso next will be royal families and other heads of states, do you think we will teh beautiful Duchess in a tiara? It would be so great if we did.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your all so lovely, thank you for reading the blog.

    You know I'm really hopeful for a tiara, I have no doubt the other royals will wear their finest jewels, The Queen will, but the question is will Camilla and Kate? I certainly hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also hope Kate wears a tiara during the next scheduled engagement. This hope may come true if we remember that it's a particular engagement with many royals.

      Delete
  49. Pauline, Oak HIlls California USA12 May 2012 at 04:09

    Sorry for the spelling in my last post. My fingers have a mind of their own...lol Also do you have a clsoe up of the Duchess earrings? Are they new? If so maybe her Prince gave them to her for their anniversay. I read somewhere that he did get her some jewerly but did he buy her something new or did he give her something of his beloved mother.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm so happy this blog is back! I typed the site in almost automatically, thinking it wouldn't come up but it did! Kate looked fabulous this whole week, we've been so spoilt! Her hair looks amazing and that teal dress is so intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm so glad so many of you still checked the blog.

    Pauline - I have added a photo of the earrings, It is thought they are not Princess Diana's but we haven't seen Kate wear them before so very possibly they were a gift. Maybe anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  52. HORRAY!!!
    CHARLOTTE, you're back! How wonderful. I still kept clicking your blog every day... hoping.
    AND Kate looks simply stunning tonight! Her hair is UP!!! The gown is so beautiful. The two of them look so good together.

    I also loved the cream dress with the high slit, strappy sandals and sexy nail polish. VA-VA-VOOM!!!

    LOVE your blog. THANKS!!!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  53. here is a little video - I don't know if anyone posted it (you can listen to williams speach and his jokes).

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9261207/Duchess-dazzles-at-Olympic-gala-dinner.html

    ReplyDelete
  54. Lovely to see you back online,I was really upset when it looked as if you would have to close the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am so glad you are back! I thought I would just check in and it turned out you were back online! I loved that Kate wore her hair up. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  56. A big "hip, hip, hooray!" from Seattle, WA. I'd just found your blog and now you're back. Looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a lovely moment!!!! You are BACK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Huzzah! SO happy to see that you're back, Charlotte!! :o) As always, thanks for your wonderful, thoughtful blog. Beautiful photos of Kate, and I love that she finally wore an updo - gorgeous. Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Huzzah! SO happy to see you back online, Charlotte! :o) You were missed! Thank you for your wonderful, thoughtful blog. Kate, as always, was gorgeous and I'm so happy to see her with an updo...it just added to her elegance. Looking forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete
  60. So so happy that you're back!!!! This is such a great news!!! I came back as soon as I read your email :) thank u so much for continuing writing this wonderful blog.

    And YES Kate looks amazing in the dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Pauline Oak Hills, CA. USA13 May 2012 at 03:30

    Just wondering if you hve any news on why the Duchess was not at the polo match today with her Prince. And if she will be there tomorrow. Also any news on if the royals will be at Ascot and the Epsom Derby this year? I was looking at some old post and noticed that those dates in June are coming up.
    I keep going back to the pictures of the beautiful Duchess from last night and just looking at how regal she looked. And the looks her Prince gave her. It was like man she is my beautiful wife and the look of love she gave's to him. Those two are such a breath of fresh air for the royal family.
    Also is there a way you can get the picture from last night where the guy gave a kiss to the Duchess. Righ now it is on a video but was wondering if it is in picture form. I did not think you could even touch the royal's unless they extend their hand. And where was her Prince when this was taking place?? Has anyone seen this?

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love this blog so much. I was really sad when I thought it would end. Thank you very much for bolgging again. I loved the teal dress. The Duchess and William looked so beautifull together.
    Thank you again for the blog.
    Lots of love, M. Pretoria, South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow So so glad you are back Charlotte!! I missed you a lot!! Kate was amazing last night and the hair...marvellous. Just one little thing..I finally realized my dream: I create my own Kate's blog..It's a little thing and I would love to have your opinionI have a lot to learn from you^_^...Here is the link. Big Hug.

    Alice

    katetheduchessofcambridge.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  64. Great to see you are back! Hope you know your blog is truly world wide. I check your blog everyday. I am from the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wohoo!It is SO good to see you back (and Kate)!you were truly missed!
    That teal gown is fashion flattery at it's very best. Stunning and the acient Greek style is very fitting seeing the history of the occasion ;)
    Loved the cream gown as well. So simple and still breathtaking. The colour suits her perfectly.
    I had already seen the video of Prince Charles online but it is just really funny! He did very well though!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  66. Yipppppeeeee you back!!! Batsheva

    ReplyDelete
  67. Charlotte, Welcome back! Glad it all worked out with your blog especially with the Jubilee coming up...I am looking forward to your 'take' on the festivities. Kate looks lovely in all her pictures, thank you for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow .. what a lovely surprise for me to have you back ! I LOVED her look -she looked gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I am so glad to see you are back up and running!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. So happy to see that you're back. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  71. So glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  72. This teal Jenny Packham might be one of my top 5 Kate looks EVER. Simply gorgeous. I am also SO thrilled to see you back on your blog:) Very happy for you! And thank you for your sweet email response.

    ReplyDelete
  73. First of all - sohappy you areback!!! Great seeing you in my Google Reader! Secondly, I loved this teal dress! So lovely and loved the hair too! It looked great up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol :) Very glad to be back.

      Delete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.