Saturday, 7 April 2012

William's Birthday Present, LK Bennett Latest + More

Hello Duchess Kate readers,
What do you give the future King of England for his 30th birthday? Prince Charles came up with the perfect answer to this question by having the first portrait of Kate commissioned. The Duchess secretly visited artist Nicky Philips London studio four times to pose for the £25,000 canvas. Kate's first portrait is of great importance to the Royal family. William will be presented with the portrait at his birthday bash in June. (I do so hope we get to see photos) A source said Kate has 'more gifts and treats for William up her sleeve'. The Duchess opted for a low key family dinner to celebrate her 30th birthday, it sounds as if William's will be a more extravagant affair. I expect the portrait will look wonderful!

                                                                      Robert Hannaford

************

Cover girl Kate features in the current issue of People Magazine. Pregnancy rumours are gone into overdrive lately with magazines claiming everything from 'She's pregnant' to 'Kate's hurt by the pregnancy rumours'. Headlines we will continue to see until the Cambridges do announce they are expecting. 

People

************

LK Bennett recently opened a new flagship store in New York. Located on the second floor of the Time Warner Center I have a feeling it's going to become a 'go to' store for New Yorkers and tourists seeking sophisticated, classic pieces. 

LK Bennett FB

The merchandising and layout of the store is simply impeccable. 

LK Bennett FB

There is a special treat in store for Kate fans. The 'Kate Middleton Wall' displays all of the shoes the Duchess has worn by the brand. I thought this was a fantastic idea. (ID list from Glamour)


Top row, left to right: The Shiloh shoe in black, dusty rose, and light taupe; the Sledge platform pump in bronze; the Juniper bag in pink coral; the Posy bag in gold; and the Sledge pump again in taupe, red, and black.
Second row, left to right: The patent Petal pump in black, salmon, and coral; the Sandy stiletto sandal in dark taupe; peep toe pumps in black and taupe; and lower-heeled Shilo pumps in black, latte, and taupe.
Third row, left to right: The Blythe shoe in black and latte; the patent Reno moc in latte; the Juniper bag, again, in light taupe; the Peony bag in red; and the low-heeled Bury pump in light taupe, coral, and black.
Bottom row, left to right: The Island sandal in tan; the Suki ballet flats in red, metallic pink, black, and leopard print; and the Sabine skimmer in lizard.
************
LK Bennett has reissued Kate favourite the Natalie Clutch I expect this decision was made after endless requests from Repli-Kate's The gorgeous clutch is £160.

LK Bennett

And if we didn't need another reason to love the accessible luxury brand, They've also reissued the raffia wedged Maddox shoe. It is available for £175 in black, light taupe and latte.

LK Bennett

************
Last night I was browsing the Temperly Facebook Page when I saw the stunning Greta V Neck Dress. I think it is very Kate and would be an ideal piece for her to wear to a black tie event. Made of luxurious double silk satin with a waterfall front double layer skirt, it is nipped in the waist providing a feminine silhouette. The dress comes in rose blush and damson. What do you think of this dress?

Temperly

************
William and Kate are not expected to attend the annual Easter Service at Windsor Castle tomorrow, however we will be seeing them later this month, when they perform a couple of joint engagements together. A visit to Cambridge is rumoured to be a possibility.

Richard Palmer Twitter

I conclude by wishing you all a very Happy Easter! Here's a photo of 'Maple' an Easter bunny who took centre stage at the Temperly boutique today :)

Temperly Facebook
************

32 comments:

  1. Yes there is finally an end for Kate withdrawal.I am so excited for the joint engagements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of seeing mediocre photos of Kate - just because they are photos of Kate.

    Also, the almost endless pregnancy speculation, made up likely just to sell magazines, is far beyond the boundaries of good taste.

    I must say the Greta V neck dress is stunning and I totally agree with you! Beautiful cut and drape of the fabric on the front. Both colors would suit her, but I would give the nod to the Rose Blush.

    And the bunny is sooooo cute! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariby - Admittedly the photo isn't wonderful quality but I thought I would share it as we haven't seen new photos in a short while. Happy Easter :)

    Jackie - Also very excited to see William and Kate together, I do hope the Cambridge rumours are true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologise - I should have been clearer in my comments. In no way was I implying anything about you posting the pic on your blog - in fact, I like that you do post pics like this that are not available elsewhere. I adore your blog and am a big fan of it. I like that you posted only a proof of the actual photo.

      I was commenting on the fact that a photographer felt that a photo of this quality might be of commercial value.

      Hope that makes it clearer what I intended by my original comment. :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely nothing to apologise for Mariby. I recall the original 3 photos that were taken on this day were published on the Daily Mail and this photo began circulating on tumblr last night, but no sign of where it was originally sourced (hence the low quality) I thoroughly enjoy your comments and thoughts! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's cool they have a Kate Middleton wall! It will be a big "seller" for them and handy for customers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And probably handy for the clerks, too! I would imagine they get asked ALL THE TIME "Where's the shoe that Kate just wore?" It's probably easy for them to just point to the wall. :)

      I am so tired of the pregnancy speculation. What if they can't have kids? It would be painful for everyone to think they're expecting when that wasn't the case.

      http://traderjoesreviewer.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Megan, I feel the same way you do. But I do beleive that the Duchess was checked before she married William to make sure she could have babies. That is one very important job she has as a royal bride. Just my opinion.

      Delete
  6. happy easter!!!
    can't believe i am checking on your blog on easter but i guess i am addicted :)
    the dress really is stunning and i can see kate wearing the rose blush.
    i really hope we get to see them at the end of the month. that would be wonderful.
    happy easter again!

    dani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Bekah and Dani!

    I completely agree about the Rose Blush Greta gown, Kate rarely wears pink casually but we she wore pink for two back tie events, The ARK gala (Jenny Packham) and the Boodles boxing ball ( pink Issa) I think it's a strong possibility.

    Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the LK Bennett reissues! Temperley dress is gorgeous too.

    Happy Easter.

    Sara

    katemiddletonstyleprincess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter :)

    I think the Greta V Neck dress is stunning and it would look fabulous on Kate in any color.

    And it's nice to see a "new" photo...it eases the withdrawal. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter Royalfan and Sara!

    Just read William and Kate are planning a low key weekend to celebrate their anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just a quick question when did kate wear the petal pump shoe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the post - I love the Temperly dress in the damson color.


    For all you ladies who don't have coral skinny jeans yet, Nordstroms is restocking the NYDJ's Persimmon. I looked at these in the store and they are a beautiful color - as are all the other jeans in the "Alisha" style. I was sad when all the size 6's were sold out but now I have secured my pair. NYDJ's are great fitting jeans. Also, I purchased a navy blazer at Nordstroms - I may change the buttons, but the jacket it nice. I have needed a navy blazer in my wardrobe and Kate was the motivation to move forward.
    Here are the links: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/not-your-daughters-jeans-alisha-skinny-stretch-jeans/3296917?origin=category&resultback=4928

    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/willow-clay-double-breasted-fishtail-blazer/3247489?origin=category&resultback=2929

    Just another comment - I love Princess Mary's outfit and I think that this look would look fabulous on Kate. Actually, Camila doesn't look so bad in the purple outfit...
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/galleries/gallery-e6frf9bo-1226310723614?page=18

    I love Mary's style but alas, I could never afford it... Luckily, Kate has tastes that even I can copy on occasion!

    Thank you for your blog - Love it!

    CJB

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the taupe maddox espirillas by lk bennett

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arrrghhh I wish the LK Bennett store would have been opened when I was in NYC in Dec! oh well....next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous - I have no recollection of Kate wearing the petal pump, perhaps pre engagement?

    Anonymous - Thank you so much for taking the time to post the link! Adore coral jeans.

    Anonymous & LR - The LK Bennett store in New York looks like a shopping paradise! No doubt you'll make a stop on your next trip :)

    I'm in love with the Maddox shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Easter to everyone! Thank you for posting the new pic of Kate. I also love the Greta V dress, especially in the Damson color. Such a stunning gown, either color would look gorgeous on Kate. And I am sooooo happy about LK Bennett reissuing more of Kate's items. I hope they reissue the Rose pink Agata shoe she wore last year. It is stunning! Great work on the site!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much Kathy! I do feel the Greta dress is a piece Kate would love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your site and visit daily (the repli-Kate is such a cute addition)! Please keep up the posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much Mean Eileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never been to NY or London, but L.K Bennett is kinda the Statue of Liberty and the Big Ben to all of us, DoC admirers!
    I'm feeling really pissed off about this magazines selling stories convicted that William and Catherine "can't produce an heir". It's very sad to what people can do to become richer. But we can't forget, they write this stuff because people, sadly, buy it.
    I just cannot thank you enough for such an amazing job. I read your blog everyday! I enjoy it so much! Plus, I have the chance to exercise my english, since we don't speak this language here where I live.

    A nice week to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Catarina - Thank you for your lovely comment.
    Sadly I've noticed when we don't see photos of Kate for a while, 'pregnancy headlines' start to emerge by the dozen. Kate is only 30 and William still 29 it seems excessive and unrealistic that there should be pressure placed upon them to produce an heir.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Catarina, I agree with you. It is just crap that they write about the Duchess being pregnant or not. It is no bodys business but the Prince & his beautiful Duchess. I canjust imagine how they feel reading all this stuff about their personal life. I would thnk that before they got married they made sure that the Duchess could have children.
    Thye will have babies when they are ready. I think we will hear something come once they are finished with the summer trips.

    To Charlotte, Keep up the good work. Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, Duchess! I'm here to ask you something... I was reading "Facts about Kate" and I've noticed that Catherine's eye color is described as hazel. I'm pretty sure the colour of her eyes is green... Or am I wrong?
    I've asked you that same question once, but I'm not sure if you answered that or not. If you did answered before, I'm sorry.
    Thank you for you attencion! You seem to be a very nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sienna - Hello and thank you for your comment. Kate's eyes *definitely* look green in various shots but all articles I've read and members of the press I've asked insist Kate's eyes are hazel. My own eyes are hazel but I always think of them as green :) I also think the camera can make Kate's eyes look a little brighten than they are.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi there, yes this paragraph is actually fastidious and I have
    learned lot of things from it on the topic of blogging.
    thanks.
    Also visit my blog : Asics Gel-Kinsei 2

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful website you have here but I was curious
    if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics discussed in this
    article? I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get advice from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a lot!
    My blog : toms shoes

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pгetty great post. I ϳust ѕtumbled
    upon yοur weblοg аnd wіѕhed tо mentiοn thаt I have tгuly enjoyed browsing уour
    blog posts. Αfter all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!
    Feel free to visit my website : hand skin care products

    ReplyDelete
  29. Post is good with beautiful pics of kate william

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.