Thursday, 8 September 2011

Buckingham Palace confirms Duchess Kate is 'not pregnant with twins'

I was surprised when I saw the cover of celebrity gossip magazine 'Star' claiming that the Duchess of Cambridge was expecting twins, a boy and and a girl. (These gossip magazines are very thorough :)) The magazine claiming they had a reliable source wrote 'William almost collapsed with joy and relief when Kate told him she was pregnant. The palace was buzzing with word that the first ever royal twins were on the way'. The article continued to strangely write about the fact that the Duchess was struggling to gain weight.

A representative from Buckingham Palace has denied these rumours saying 'Suffice to say that were it true, it would be us to announce it not a gossip magazine'. This is the third time 'Star' has claimed that the Duchess is pregnant. It may be a case of printing the story so many times it has to be true eventually! I know many people are hoping for news that Duchess Kate is pregnant, In my opinion it will be a while. I think she will adjust to married life. William said in their engagement interview 'Obviously we want children'. William and Kate do things at their own pace, Perhaps they will wait until William completes his work with the RAF?

 The only information Buckingham Palace has recently released about the Cambridges has been in relation the the enormous success of Kate's wedding dress display which is estimated to pull in £8 million. The display has been their most successful to date.


  1. LOL!! I mean, even if she got pregnant on their honeymoon, she would be barely far enough along to even know what the sex would be... Until I hear the palace confirm it, I won't believe what any mag has to say. And I agree, I think it will be a while. She does need to get used to her new life and I am sure they dont want to be pregnant while William is out of the country for his duties. I think it's great that they are waiting... a little while ;) We have CP Victoria of Sweden and Princess Marie of Denmark to keep our need for royal baby bump watches :)

  2. The funniest aspect was the way the magazine wrote 'The official announcement'. I doubt the Royal family would want to announce it through a gossip magazine. :)
    When William and Kate become full time royals I expect they will start a family then but it's good they are not conforming to pressure`.

  3. i wont believe it unless kate says it herself

  4. Buckingham Palace will certainly be the first to announce it! :)

  5. I was a sucker and bought this magazine just because of the cover...ugh!

    And like Kate would make the official announcement with Victoria Beckham, like some said! So ridiculous!

  6. It is very misleading of the magazine Fabiana and unfair to their readers who may purchase the magazine for that reason alone.

  7. I wonder if it's true, imagine...


  8. Buckingham Palace will be announcing this news NOT a gossip magazine!!!

    But I do hope that the Duchess is pregnant soon as I have four royal pregnancy related Internet domains to sell! :-)

  9. Actually I am a little surprised Kate hasn't gotten pregnant yet.
    In the past with the Royals, it was important that an heir and a spare was produced as quickly as possible. Diana herself did just that.
    But then again, Will and Kate has done things their own way from the get go. But remember you two, times goes by quickly and you are in your 30s now.. tick! tick! tick! lol.
    Either way, I wish them a long happy marriage, something his parents never had.

  10. I expect after the jubille they will start a family. It's interesting though, people generally are having kids much older now than when William and Kate were born.

  11. I am the Anonymous writer who left the last comment dated Mar, 3, 2012 and found your reply very interesting. I am from the U.S and you gave me some insight as to when they may decide to have children. But I am curious.. you made the comment that it was interesting that "people generally are having kids much older now than when William and Kate were born". And I do agree but I have to wonder.. does that apply to Royals? Hasn't it always been important for them to produce an heir quickly just in case something might happen, God forbid to the current heir?
    One thing I wanted to say, I was just 15, when Charles and Diana got married and missed school that day just to see them get married live on television and to then again in my middle age, watch their son also marry was a thrill. I just hope that some day I will watch (live) a Royal Coronation.

  12. My Mom took the day off work to see Diana and Charles get married. It was such an icredibly iconic day. Last April I took the day off from college to see Kate and William get married so it's fascinating how it passes from generation to generation.

    Kate was almost ten years older than Diana when she got married, also William is determined to work with the RAF for as long as possible and perhaps the life of a military couple is so different to royal life. With the tour, jubillee and Kate adjusting to royla life I would think these are the reasons they chose to wait. I'm sure in the next couple of years we will see a little Prince or Princess in the family :)

    Thank you for your comment :)


Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.