Sunday, 22 May 2011

Royal Couple drop Beckham plans

Since David and Victoria Beckham attended the Royal wedding last month, speculation has been rife about William and Kate visiting them during their U.S. trip. The newlyweds had reportedly been asked to stay at the Beckhams' mansion and they had plans to host an extravagant party in their honour. However, palace officials have decided this will not be happening. They believe the royal couple should stick to more stately duties, promoting a series of charities close to the Prince William's heart. Royal insiders were concerned about introducing Kate to the 'Hollywood World'. Diana was friends with a host of U.S. celebrities and had even been in talks with Kevin Costner about starring in a sequel of the bodyguard. A source said, 'It is important that William and Kate set the right tone on what is their first ever official visit abroad as a married couple. It would be an absolute disaster if their time in Los Angeles saw them becoming wrapped up in some kind of Hollywood publicity whirlwind. For this reason it has been decided that the couple will not be visiting David and Victoria Beckham. The Beckham's are said to be 'disappointed' but plan to meet up with William and Kate privately on another occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.